At S.U.P.E.R. Learning Center, we believe that children need a strong social network in order to flourish and fully unlock their potential. We provide the academic and life skills necessary for each of our students to create and maintain a healthy social balance with our child socialization program.
Social and Life Skill Training
Being different in any way can be hard. At S.U.P.E.R. Learning Center we celebrate each student’s unique way of learning. As part of our child socialization program, we remind our students that they were created on purpose for a purpose. We treat each student as unique individuals, treating them with respect and making every effort to assist them with developing the social skills needed to get along with others.
S.U.P.E.R. Learning Center’s child socialization program strategies include:
- Creating an individualized learning plan for each student designed to improve not only their grades but also their outlook on life and attitude toward others.
- Focusing on our students’ individual strengths and interests to better promote the self-esteem and confidence needed to associate with others.
- Promoting activities and academic experiences geared toward helping students develop lasting friendships.
- Providing opportunities for students to work together toward common goals, therefore learning to depend on and be there for one another.
S.U.P.E.R.’s professional staff has vast experience helping children who have a challenging time in various social situations. Our focus is on helping your child build the self-esteem needed to blossom socially, feel confident talking to and working with fellow students and teachers, and build successful relationships that turn into lasting friendships.
S.U.P.E.R. Learning Center believes every child deserves a safe and loving educational environment where they can reach their full potential. Students simply cannot learn if they are in fear. Our bullying recovery programs provide a safe haven for victims of bullying that has resulted in potential psychological damage and/or physical harm. These programs offer a much-needed respite for students (and their school administrators) that cannot safely return to their schools without additional confrontation.
Our staff is dedicated to helping your child build healthy relationships and overcome the devastating effects of bullying. We specialize in rebuilding and healing lives that have been damaged by harassment, and in promoting self-esteem and anti-bullying strategies your child will benefit from for a lifetime.
S.U.P.E.R. Learning Center’s bullying recovery programs offer:
- Zero Tolerance
- A small-group learning environment
- Socialization classes
- Joint participation-based stories for teachable moments to enhance social skills
- Role playing
- Guest speakers on the topic of bullying
- Situations where children can experience social “wins” to boost confidence and social skills
- Group activities to build lasting friendships such as movie night, dinners and sporting events
Bullying strips the dignity from good students and eliminates the desire to go to school and the excitement associated with the learning process. At S.U.P.E.R., formerly bullied students rebuild their confidence and are treated with respect and patience.